For all enquiries or to make an appointment please telephone:
Please leave a message if we are not able to answer and we will return your call as soon as possible.
info [at] felinecare [dot] org [dot] uk
Feline Care Cat Rescue
OPEN TO VISITORS ON THE LAST SUNDAY OF EVERY MONTH BETWEEN 11-2pm
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE OPEN FOR VIEWING STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY AT ALL OTHER TIMES
Sadly if you turn up without an appointment we are unlikely to be able to show you round.
Can you help?
All of the cats in our care are looking for their dream home so please get in touch if you think you could offer them it!
Information for potential owners
Thank you for considering adopting your pet from a Rescue Centre.
When you visit the Centre we will show you the cats or kittens we think are suitable for you, your home and your lifestyle based on the information you give us. It is essential to us that we match cats to their owners to the best of our ability as we only want the very best for our moggies!
Taking on a new animal can have its problems, so please listen to our advice, and if you have any questions please feel free to ask. The following is important when considering adoption:
- The cat /s or kitten/s must be for YOU and NOT for any other person
- All potential owners must be 'homechecked' to ensure you and the cat you have chosen are suitable for each other
- We have a minimum donation policy for each of our cats. If you cannot afford a donation then you must question your ability to care for your cat properly. The donation we ask for is minimal compared to the cost of good quality food and routine veterinary care so if you cannot afford it we would rather you did not have a pet
- Without your donation we cannot continue to help the thousands of animals abused, unloved and unwanted every year. This centre is run almost entirely by volunteers and we rely on the generosity of our supporters. PLEASE GIVE WHAT YOU CAN!
- You must be able to afford private vet bills and not use other charities such as The PDSA
- As the neutering of cats is such a large part of reducing the numbers of unwanted animals please note that we WILL NOT REHOME AN ANIMAL IF YOU HAVE A CAT OVER 6 MONTHS OLD THAT HAS NOT BEEN NEUTERED
- All cats/kittens will have had a minimum of their first vaccination and will have been routinely treated for fleas and worms
- We ask for a minimum donation of £50 when you adopt a cat. This rarely covers the costs involved in rescuing a cat so any further donation you can make is greatly appreciated. If you're adopting a pair of kittens we ask for a minimum donation of £50 as we only home kittens in pairs.
- All our cats are microchipped before leaving the centre. This is to ensure their future safety and for our peace of mind.
- Kittens under 5 months of age may not have been neutered. To ensure your kitten is neutered by 5 months of age we ask that you pay a 'neutering deposit' which is refunded to YOUR VET (or you in some rare circumstances) after neutering. As the price of neutering varies between vets and for males and females we ask for a deposit of £20 per kitten. Neutering can be carried out by any vet but please ensure they will accept our vouchers in advance of the operation.
- Please note that we accept cash and/or cheques only and cannot take credit card payments unless you wish to pay in advance online (by prior arrangement only).